PDA

View Full Version : what d'you make of this site as a way of selling?

urbanfairy
29-03-2008, 02:56 PM
i posted a thread a few days ago on another section, but not sure if its more appropriate here?
i stumbled across a craft website where you can have your own shop and it does sound extremely tempting, and as i'm not quite ready to go down the in's and out's of my own website just yet (really not a techy person!) am serously considering this. BUT first i would like your opinions on it, and better still, if anyone here has a shop on it? (had a good look, but didnt recognise any names, which i'm a little surprised about)

http://www.craftmarkets.co.uk

Ballerinacaz
29-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I think it looks quite good, but I think I prefer the sort of sites where you pay for each listing, rather than paying a set amount it year, it is probably cheaper paying just 10p a listing, unless you list over 5 things a week...

Focus on Life
29-03-2008, 06:17 PM
If there's nobody on our forum currently selling from there, I wonder if you could reach any of its existing stall holders and ask how they find it? :confused:

I'm not best-placed to give any advice really cos I dont sell anywhere online yet but when I first found that other online craft market website (the ones I emailed and they never responded) - well if they had bothered to reply, I had intended to see if there was a way I could email or PM their existing crafters for feedback first (I hadnt found our forum at that point though!) :)

I cant see why that wouldnt be OK? If I already had a stall on a website like that and was pleased with how it worked and how much business I got from it, I certainly wouldnt mind answering a newcomers questions honestly

hth
shaz x

sillyoldbear
30-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't like the look of the site. It looks a bit untidy. I think I'm a bit weird with things like this. It doesn't look professional and 'clean'. I think that if you want a certain image for your business you have to be careful about the image of the sites you have your 'wares' on.

Here endeth my waffle!!!

Peter
30-03-2008, 01:49 PM
OK, I've looked at it, and judging by the forum it has already had it's day. Everybody has to make a living, but to be honest, you'll get more exposure and professionalism on Etsy, and only pay 20cents per listing. It looks like a one woman site trying to be big. :) The T&Cs leave a lot to be desired - it's all disclaimer! ;)

aurrida
18-04-2008, 01:25 PM
i use MOD EDIT - URL RULES to check out directories. its by no means a perfect solution but it gives me an idea how big they are. good for us individuals too, lets you know how to improve things on your own site.