PDA

View Full Version : Car Magnet Arrived!

Muddle Jewellery
27-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Well it came today, the quality of the image is good, but the magnet isn't that strong, (but it was cheap).

I ordered one because I wanted to put it on my bumper (being a KA it has a big one) but because there is a slight curve and magnet isn't that strong it doesn't sit flat, so i've had to put it on the door. Not sure now whether to get another for the other side.

Here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/muddlejewellery/2366706414/

ilovecrafts
27-03-2008, 04:55 PM
looks good!Might be better with 1 each side, but maybe wait a while and see if the one you have stays put well enough etc first before ordering another

Muddle Jewellery
27-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Good idea.
Also I have a slight crease in the other door (was there when I bought the car)
so not sure it'll stick, I'll have to try later, can't keep going outside and messing with my car, neighbours will think I'm mad.

Tip Top
27-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Well, its bright!!

You might be able to get some other strong thin magnets and glue them to the sign (not your car) so it might stick better?

Looks good though!:D

JBJB
27-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Is that the large size?

I ordered 2, but I'm a cheapskate so I ordered them on the slow shipping!

annnoble
27-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi,
My DOH has just told me that bumpers are plastic!
But he did like you sign so do I.:D

Muddle Jewellery
27-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I can't stop laughing!

I just drove a two minute drive to tesco and when I got there it had gone.
Its probably on someone else car, he he!

So if you haven't got one... DON'T GET ONE and JBJB I hope you have better luck, mine was the small one, I'm glad I didn't order two.

Focus on Life
27-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I can't stop laughing!

So if you haven't got one... DON'T GET ONE and JBJB I hope you have better luck, mine was the small one, I'm glad I didn't order two.

Aw bless! I was just about to open your link to have a look at it too so thats saved me a job :)

At least you're laughing chuck, good job it wasnt a right expensive one, you'd have been out hunting the streets for it now and then the whole neighbourhood would have thought you'd gone mad

Shaz x

cloudhopping
27-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh what a shame! Just looked at your Flickr photo and thought "what a great idea!"

Muddle Jewellery
27-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Nevermind! I'm gonna get a sticker for inside the back window instead.
At least that wont get blown off.

By the way, they've given me a full refund, no questions asked.

JBJB
27-03-2008, 08:41 PM
By the way, they've given me a full refund, no questions asked.

That's good to know.

Roseberry Crafts
27-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I can't stop laughing!

Look on the bright side. If it's still out there somewhere then people are still going to see it! And if it has any contact details on it like an email or even just your website (thru which they could contact?) you may even get it returned to you! Then you can have the whole experience all over again! LOL

Muddle Jewellery
27-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Now that would be fun!
I could set up a 'hunt the magnet' and give prizes to people who return it.. he he.

Sprinkles
27-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Its a shame it fell off :( but luckily you were able to get it refunded.

be interesting to find out if you do get it returned! keep us posted :p

sweet
28-03-2008, 01:00 AM
oh dear! But I have tbh, i've had a chuckle...plastic bumpers and magnets that fly off...I was just about to post a 'wow, i want one, where did you get it from' question...but no need to answer!!!:sleep:

At least they gave you a full refund with no problems, perhaps its happened to other customers!!!

I remember there being a thread about stickers on here not so long ago, I think a lady does some where by they stick to the outside of your winder, so they dont effect the defrosting strip things on the back window! somebody on here will know who i'm on about **waiting to see who knows first** lol

s.x

Muddle Jewellery
28-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah I wanna get some stickers now, maybe for inside the side windows, (that don't wind down). So I'm gonna look into that. I'll keep everyone posted.

candles by lisa
28-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah I wanna get some stickers now, maybe for inside the side windows, (that don't wind down). So I'm gonna look into that. I'll keep everyone posted.

Incywincy (Sam) recommended a company to me and I got stickers for my car I got them to go onto the inside of my back windscreen and I have to admit they are great. Angela runs off the stickers and mounts them on backing paper for you to stick to the window.

Hippy Motors (http://www.hippymotors.co.uk/)

HTH.

Lisa

Muddle Jewellery
28-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow thanks for that! I'll have a look :)

beadsbydesign
28-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know of anyone whose actually had a good experiemce with car magnets.
I learnt to drive in 2003 and had magnetic L plates. We lost loads. As soon as we went out they blew off.
The fish man at the farmers market has them on the sides of his van, but only when he's parked up coz he's lost several!
Better luck with the window stickers!

0103media
28-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I learnt to drive in 2003 and had magnetic L plates.

Must make you 22yrs old now then ;)

beadsbydesign
28-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Must make you 22yrs old now then ;)

i wish!!:sm:

Pebbles
28-03-2008, 03:24 PM
this post had me laughing so much I had to post my car magnet experience

I had a "Bob's TV and Video Repairs" magnet on my car for about a week. My friend Ben found it on the side of the road. After a week i started feeling bad and rang Bob of Bob's TV and video repairs and told him I had his magnet and that I would like to return it to him....... fast forward to one of the most surreal experiences of my life......

Ben and I went to see Bob and his wife, we stayed there for about 3 hours, drinking tea and eating biscuits. Bob's wife wanted to make us some dinner but we politely declined. They were lovely people and it was quite a pleasant evening.

Ah student life has some fond memories!

Muddle Jewellery
28-03-2008, 03:28 PM
That is a funny story! :D

BeadsbyLili
28-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Incywincy (Sam) recommended a company to me and I got stickers for my car I got them to go onto the inside of my back windscreen and I have to admit they are great. Angela runs off the stickers and mounts them on backing paper for you to stick to the window.

Hippy Motors (http://www.hippymotors.co.uk/)

HTH.

Lisa

Fab site ! I want a butterfly :jippie:

Apple Tree Crafts
29-03-2008, 11:18 AM
......I badly want to plaster our car in stickers now, but Himself would throw a wobbly.

We got the car through Motability, so it doesn't actually belong to us. Motability works almost like car hire and I'm not sure how we stand with stickers. If the stickers damaged the finish on the car when the time came to take the car back, we'd have to pay for the damage.

I'm going to emil to ask about ease of removal before ordering.

Jules

purplesparkle
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh those flower stickers are fab! Definitely going to go on my 'to buy' list! Although it might put the Mr off learning to drive..!

JBJB
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
haha - my magents arrived yesterday ... ready my blog!

Focus on Life
06-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh no, another one bites the dust!

Cant see that company trading much longer somehow, how embarrassing for them, and they cant even blame the customer for having cars that arent "sticky" enough :mf:

shaz x

ilovecrafts
06-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Let's hope you get a refund too JB, mind you at least you've still got one, so some advertising from it!

the stall looks great btw!

Tip Top
06-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Slightly off the subject, but I am LOVIN' the bird houses JBJB!!!!!!!!!!:D

Bren
06-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh dear, this has made me laugh - I ordered a car magnet (small size) and it arrived last week but haven't yet tried it on our car. As I don't want it flying around Essex, I suppose I'll have to sit in the passenger seat with the window wide open so I can keep my hand on it. :D

Bren