PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so i really dont get it...

sweet
27-03-2008, 02:57 PM
hmmm, maybe i'm having a blonde moment...I can say that, naturally i'm a blonde..lol

oh, so my questions, firstly, how do i search for blogs? now i realise this sounds a little dim, but i'm on blogger, and i was mooching about trying to search for blogs that are of my interest but I couldnt work out how to do it!

erm, 2nd question, (it is another dim one!!!) I how do i subscribe to a blog? and how do i allow others to subscribe to my blog, if they wanted too! I was reading a blog onhere from a forum member, and it said right at the bottom, subscribe. post (atom)..is this how, bcoz when i clicked on it nothing happened much to say i had subscribed!

**lying down now, as head is hurting**

s.x

Focus on Life
27-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Well the 1st one I'm still a tad confused about myself :confused:

You can get hold of a subscription "widget" for your Blog like mine on Feedblitz (I think it was? Will cast my mind back and have a looksee in my filing to see if I can find the link for ye chuck)

Shaz x

Focus on Life
27-03-2008, 05:00 PM
...in fact, I wonder if you can get yourself a subscription widget from within my Blog? If you visit me and find my little box on the right hand side, where it says powered by Feedbliitz underneath, if you click on the word Feedblitz it will probably take you to their site where you can get your own

I was able to do it that way when I got my Life Traffic Report widget thingy that I first saw on Glass Kanvass's blog :)

If you need any help getting it into your Blog, gimme a yell. For some things, you have to copy a chunk of html (?) text and then paste it into your Blog - you do that in your Layout section by adding a new page element and selecting the one that relates to html text (if thats right?!) and then you paste the copied chunk of text in there

It'll make more sense when you do it! :p

Good luck
Shaz x

lucykate crafts...
27-03-2008, 05:45 PM
focus on life covers the part about people subscribing to your own blog, if there are blogs you want to subscribe to yourself, register on bloglines, (or google reader but i found bloglines easier to understand) you then place a bookmark in your bookmark bar, so whenever you're reading a blog, you click on the bookmark which should then add that blog to your own bloglines list, i have 200 blogs that i subscribe to.

best way to find blogs that might be of interest to you and cover your field is to search though other peoples work on etsy or flickr and see who blogs, or if you type the term 'blog search' into google, it will take you to a specific blog search page, so all the results will be bloggy based.

JBJB
27-03-2008, 06:10 PM
okay, so I've registered with feedblitz and now I'm completely stumped!!??!!

How do I get a widget so that somebody can subscribe to my blog so they get notified each time I update it?

Focus on Life
27-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm trying to remember now how I actually did it once I registered with Feedblitz? Thats the tool I was trying to explain for Sweet, where someone can just put their email address in the box and it'll auto email them whenever I make a Blog post

There'll be a subscription widget available somewhere in Feedblitz and I must have copied the html code for it and pasted it into my page layout on Blog

...aint it hard retracing your steps when you've done a few different things?! :confused: Maybe someone can explain it better or I'll revisit Feedblitz and see if I can find the bit again

shaz x

sweet
27-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks shaz for all that! wow, blogging seems to be complicated to start with! I think i'll leave it as job to do 2moro morning! lol

thanks lucykate too...i'll add that 2moro too!

thankyou and thankyou again!

s.x:D

swirlyarts
27-03-2008, 08:53 PM
We have feedblitz for Cuteable but I honestly don't understand it as Mr Swirl set it all up once we took over Cuteable. For the blogs I read I use google reader - dead easy to add new blogs too and it automatically shows up which blogs have new posts on them, so it's easier to read.
Hope that helps a bit!