PDA

View Full Version : Name help?

Ballerinacaz
26-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm settig up a business selling crafts. What do you think of the name Dragonfly? Then my tagline thing would be 'handmade cards and gifts' then I could expand into selling pretty much anything handmade, as different people give different things as gifts... so, what do you think? Is it a good name? Please let me know.
:p

annnoble
26-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi,
I really like the name, also there is a font called dragonfly which I love, if you google for fonts dragonfly you should find it.
Good luck with your business.
Ann

SusieQ
26-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi! I think Dragonfly is lovely because it makes me think of pretty thing like fairies, summer days and delicate things. What about Dragonfly Jewels - meaning that your goods are A1? Good luck with it all anyway, Sue.xx:D

Poppy4lee
26-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I like the name, it really does make you think of warm summer days - it's got a real 'feel good' factor to it :D
Please let us know how you get on.

Peter
26-03-2008, 07:45 PM
If you google 'dragonfly' you will see how many are in front of you before you get on the front page! There's a lot of 'em about! :)

Ballerinacaz
26-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks so much Ann, I love that font!
Sue, all I was wondering is that if I called it Dragonfly Jewels, do you think people would think its mainly jewelry? Otherwise its a great name!

If you google 'dragonfly' you will see how many are in front of you before you get on the front page! There's a lot of 'em about! :)

Yeah, I know there's an awful lot of Dragonfly's about.... but then again I guess I wasn't planning on getting to the top of google lists, coz most of them are about the bug. (*shiver* I don't like bugs that much!) Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Focus on Life
26-03-2008, 08:21 PM
How bout something like Dragonfly Designs?

I like the word Dragonfly too but, as you say, you want to avoid stating a particular craft as you want to be open to make pretty much anything.

Maybe you still do need some other word alongside Dragonfly though besides your tagline? Something to make people realise you're making or creating or designing things?

Shaz x

Ballerinacaz
26-03-2008, 08:58 PM
How bout something like Dragonfly Designs?

I like the word Dragonfly too but, as you say, you want to avoid stating a particular craft as you want to be open to make pretty much anything.

Maybe you still do need some other word alongside Dragonfly though besides your tagline? Something to make people realise you're making or creating or designing things?

Shaz x

Yeah, thats a good idea, but the thing is, I just searched etsy and there is absolutely LOADS of Dragonfly Designs, but I didn't see any that were just 'Dragonfly' but maybe I will have to think of another word to go with it. What about Dragonfly Gifts, no that doesn't have a good ring to it.... any ideas?

sweet
27-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I was thinking of dragonfly dreams, but just googled that, & theres loads......and loads of those already...

I'm not very helpful am I?

sorry! I'll go away now & think some more....

**walking about looking ponderous**

colourart
27-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Its a nice name, but is there a domain name available?
Dragonfly Gifts or something like it sounds good because it has meaning.

DragonflyHandmadeGifts maybe??

Good luck with it whatever you decide.

Ballerinacaz
27-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I was thinking of dragonfly dreams, but just googled that, & theres loads......and loads of those already...

I'm not very helpful am I?

sorry! I'll go away now & think some more....

**walking about looking ponderous**

Haha lol
That would have been a great name
If about 1 million people hadn't thought of it first
Thats the problem when you're thinking of names,
you think of a good one and then fid out there is about 32 000 shops with the same name.
I'll have to keep thinking....

silvermaid
27-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I have seen the name dragonfly around quite a bit. How about Firefly or damselfly instead?

Melanie

yamsan
27-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi,

How about Dragonflybuys.
If you're having a website maybe try a domain name checker to see if anyone has that website. This may help in deciding your comapny name.

Afetr this I'm stuck!!

Good luck.

San
x

Ballerinacaz
27-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

How about Dragonflybuys.
If you're having a website maybe try a domain name checker to see if anyone has that website. This may help in deciding your comapny name.

Afetr this I'm stuck!!

Good luck.

San
x

Ooh I really like that one!
I just searched www.dragonflybuys.co.uk (http://www.dragonflybuys.co.uk) and its still available!
I might stay with that one.

kipper workshops
27-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Dragonfly is a lovely name. I agree it is summery and has a feel goo factor. It is also quite delicate too.

I have just checked dragonflyhandmadegifts.co.uk.

It is still available. Using this as your URL you could still then have the name of your business as Dragonfly with a tag of handmade gifts.

The same is true for names like dragonflyhandcrafts etc...

Just a few ideas to add to the mix.

Steve:):)

Ballerinacaz
27-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Dragonfly is a lovely name. I agree it is summery and has a feel goo factor. It is also quite delicate too.

I have just checked dragonflyhandmadegifts.co.uk.

It is still available. Using this as your URL you could still then have the name of your business as Dragonfly with a tag of handmade gifts.

The same is true for names like dragonflyhandcrafts etc...

Just a few ideas to add to the mix.

Steve:):)

Wow, I have lots of names to choose from now! I knew you lot were helpful, but I didn't realise how helpful! I really like that too. Lets see. Dragonflybuys, Dragonflyhandmadegifts, Dragonfly, DragonflyDesigns... I think I quite like Dragonflyhandmadegifts, at the moment, I may change my mind! Thanks for all the help so far!!!!

yamsan
29-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Some more possibilities for you:

Dragonflydays
Dragonflynymph (nymph being the larvae and as it's a 'new' venture for you.....)
Dragonflieswings

Good luck,
San
x

loopy lou
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
wELL did you decide on a name yet-I like DRAGONFLY DESIGNS AS YOU COULD DO A LOT FOR A LOGO THERE WITH THE 2 D's

When i bring out a new range of candles thats the part i enjoy naming them all!!

I sometimes waken up in the middle of the nite & have to write it down! o wat am i like?

But sure its great.

LOUISE

mandamoo
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
what about Dragonfly Delights
just a thought
pretty name tho

Ballerinacaz
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
So far, my favourites are: Dragonfly - Handmade Gifts, Dragonfly Delights, and Dragonfly Dreams! Which do you like best???

Chris W
02-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I read Medicine Cards and in the pack the Dragonfly means illusion. If you pull this card it is about visualisation. It means that you can follow your dreams but in order to do that you need to shape your dream. I often find that people who draw dragonfly lack vision and dragonfly comes to them to remind them to live their dreams and own them. I should think that makes it a wonderful totem for a new venture. However my webmaster wouldn't let me use the name I had for my business because it wasn't search engine friendly so if you are aiming to get good page ranking I should consider that angle too.

brad
02-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I suspose that we should all consider a website name , or what is available when naming a business .If you want to sell mostly in the Uk a .co.uk would be a great advantage. - anyway good luck with your new venture.
Brad