PDA

View Full Version : peel offs

chaz
17-03-2008, 11:26 PM
iv just made a card for a 18th b day

i diddent have a stamp big enough with no 18 on so i thought i would dig my old peel offs out iv not used peel offs for a almost a year but what iv done is with a clue pen is colour the numbers in with glue then i sprinkled glitter on it and it looks really good i used a cotton bud to take away the acsess of glitter they look better than boring silver or gold so now i will be recyling the old peel off with glitter has any one else done this and what do you think if you havent i woud give it a go :)

Focus on Life
18-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Not tried that one chaz, glad you liked the effect and so different to regular gold or silver, thanks for sharing it :)

Shaz x

Funkyhand
18-03-2008, 09:34 AM
That's a really good technique thanks for sharing it. I really don't like peel offs so I don't have any anymore in my stash, threw out the ones I had a while ago from my early card making days! But that is a really good way of doing something with them. :)
Anice xx :):)

indri
18-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I've not done that before either - but then I seem to have mislaid my peel-offs. I particularly liked having the Welsh ones, as they had dragons on as well... I'm hoping one day they will reappear!!!

I do have a glue pen thingy which starts off as a runny pale blue then it goes tacky after about 10 mins and there is glitter or shiny things to put on it. I think it's called peel and rub or something like that. It's quite good as you can then write anything you want! I sometimes find peel-offs a bit limiting with wording.

Tip Top
18-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Not tried that before but sounds good!

I have a bit of a thing for glitter at the moment too!!:D

Focus on Life
18-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I do have a glue pen thingy which starts off as a runny pale blue then it goes tacky after about 10 mins .

Ooh the glue pen's brill isnt it Indri, I have one too, it gives such a lovely thin line and so easy to use

Shaz

SusieQ
22-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi! I do a similar thing with those alphabet and numbers which you buy in a packet. They are a soft papery material and I carefully brush glue on and then sprinkle!!! It looks good. I did a card with a music theme and put MUSIC vertically down the side of the card and sprinkled bronze, gold and copper glitter on the letters to match the card colour theme. Looked good!! Have a glittery day!! Sue xx:mf:

chaz
29-06-2008, 12:35 AM
thank for all yor replys and happy crafting