PDA

View Full Version : Rather Confused!

Ballerinacaz
17-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I am in the process of setting up a business selling jewelery and cards.
I was thinking of also selling some handmade body lotions, bath bombs soaps etc.
I have collected some recipes to try out to make/sell. But I have been reading through these threads and I have found out that you have to get a certificate to sell these things. The certificate seems rather expensive. Is it worth also selling cosmetics etc aswell or should I stick with the jewelery and cards?
Please help me here!

Soapwitch
17-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi,

Unless you have plenty of time and money to concentate on the bath and body side of your business I would suggest that finding a supplier for products would be an easier and maybe cheaper option, giving you more time to concentrate on your other business areas. There are lots of companies that sell bath bombs and lotions at wholesale prices, a quick google and you'll be amazed at how many you find!!

Cosmetic certification and dealing with the regulations can be expensive and time consuming, but it's extremely worthwhile if you want to do it.

just_mai
19-03-2008, 04:08 AM
I totally agree with soapwitch, you may be better off buying wholesale rather than making it your self, not only is it time consuming, but yes you also need certification which can be expensive.